TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1.1. The following terms and conditions of sale apply to the offer and sale of cosmetics products through the SIE Cosmetics website WWW.THESIECOSMETICS.COM howsoever accessed, in the Federal Republic of Nigeria, (hereinafter referred to as “the Site”).
1.2. To be eligible to purchase products on the Site, customers must: (a) be at least 18 years old or, if minors, be duly authorized by their legal representative; (b) be competent to contract (as understood under the applicable laws); (c) hold a valid payment instrument that is accepted on the Site if electronic payments are intended to be made.
1.3. This contract shall be executed in the English language and in Nigeria, (the “Country”) and shall be governed by the local laws applicable in Nigeria (“Local Laws”). You can check the contact details of the legal entity acting as the seller on the site.
1.4. Before placing an order of a product through the Site or the Customer Service Centre, customers will be required to expressly accept these Terms of Sale. Customers may save or print these Terms of Sale, which are also available at any time on the Site. These Terms of Sale may be modified at any time.
1.5. The Terms of Sale applicable to an order shall be the ones published on the Site at the time the customer places an order. To the extent permitted under applicable law, the placing of an order as detailed below shall be deemed consent and acceptance of the User for the order and the amount due.
2.1. The products are distributed by SIE COSMETICS LTD having its registered office at 1, Montgomery Road, Yaba, Lagos State, Nigeria.
2.2. The products described on the Site, and any samples thereof we may provide to the customer, are for personal use and consumption only. Customers may sell or resell any of these products or samples thereof. We reserve the right, with or without notice, to cancel or reduce the quantity of any products or samples to be provided to the customer that may result in the violation of these Terms of Sale.
3.1. All prices indicated for products available via the Site are inclusive of applicable taxes at the current rates. Delivery charges, if any, are displayed to the customer prior to finalizing an order and shall be added to the price of the products and are indicated separately on the order form. For further information please also visit the Delivery section of the Site.
3.2. Whilst the prices displayed on the Site are regularly verified, we cannot guarantee the absence of errors. In the event that an obvious error in the pricing of a product is detected, we will offer the customer the opportunity to purchase the product at the correct price or to cancel the order.
3.3. Prices may be modified at any time. Applicable prices shall be the ones published on the Site at the date of placing an order by the customer.
4. PLACING AN ORDER
4.1. The customer can navigate freely on the Site without being bound to place an order. If the customer chooses to do so, the customer will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Site or at the Customer Service Centre.
4.2. To place an order, the customer must type in the quantity of product they wish to purchase to make payment at checkout.
4.3. Customers may click “Add to cart” to place the product selected in the desired quantity in the “Shopping cart”. Customers may decide to continue shopping for other products and add them to their Shopping cart or proceed to checkout by clicking the “Proceed to Checkout” button. At any time during shopping, customers may review the products in the Shopping Cart by clicking on “Proceed to Check out” on each page. Customers may remove products from their Shopping cart by clicking on “Remove” next to the chosen product in the Shopping cart”. Customers may save a product as a favourite, by clicking on “move to favourites” below the product name. The product will then be moved to the customer’s favourites section in “My Account”. To access customers’ favourites from any computer, customers must register or sign in with their accounts.
4.4. Customers must follow the onscreen instructions to proceed through the checkout process on the Site. The customer may always correct any errors in data they have entered, change the Shopping Cart contents, by adding or removing one or more products from the Shopping Cart or cancel the entire order during checkout before sending their order. Before submitting an order on the Site, the customer will have an opportunity to review and edit all of the details for their order, including billing and shipping information, prior to confirming their purchase. In addition, the customer shall acknowledge and declare that they have read all the instructions provided during the checkout process and fully accept these Terms of Sale, through a confirmation action on the Site (for example, by ticking a box). The customer places an order request for products via the Site by clicking on the “Place Order and Pay” button at the end of the order process.
4.5. After an order has been submitted, a submission page will be displayed, and the customer will shortly receive an email confirming receipt of the order. In accordance with the provisions of Local Laws, the email confirming receipt of the order contains a summary of the Terms and Conditions, information on the essential characteristics of the purchased products, a detailed indication of the price and means of payment, information on delivery charges, information on the conditions and methods of return, the address to which complaints may be addressed, information on support services.
4.6. If an order confirmation does not arrive within 24 hours after submission, the customer may contact us at +2349061465932 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
4.7. If customers have any questions or concerns when placing an order or if they wish to enquire about a previously placed order, they may contact us at +2349061465932 or via email at email@example.com for the fastest service; customers are invited to keep their order number available.
5. OFFER CODES
5.1. If offer codes are applicable, in order to redeem an offer code, customers must enter their code into the “offer code” box during the checkout process on the website. Offer codes are case-sensitive and should be entered exactly as they appear.
5.2. When an offer code is accepted, the offer will be displayed in the “Order Review”.
5.3. One offer code may be used per order. Offer codes are intended for one-time use only and shall be treated as used even if you cancel the order.
5.4. An offer code would be rejected if the same has expired or where the applicable terms of the offer code are not met.
6. PAYMENT OPTIONS
6.1. Customers may pay for the products by credit card/debit card/ Bank Transfer/ Cash on Delivery (“COD”) or other payment instruments that are accepted modes of payment on the Site, as displayed on the website including order checkout and payment pages.
6.2. For customer security, the customer’s billing name should match that of the credit card/debit card used for payment. We reserve the right to cancel any order that does not match these criteria.
6.3. All credit card holders/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the credit card issuer/ debit card issuer, including via a one-time password. If the issuer of the customer’s payment card refuses or does not, for any reason, authorize payment to us, whether, in advance or subsequent to a payment, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
6.4. Your payment card will be charged the applicable purchase price at the time you submit your order. By submitting your order on the Site, you expressly authorize the performance of such payment card authorization and, strictly for legitimate purposes and to the extent permitted under applicable regulations, to transmit or to obtain information (including any updated information) about you to or from third parties, including but not limited to your payment card number, to authenticate your identity, to validate your payment card, to obtain a payment card authorization and to authorize individual purchase transactions.
6.5. The maximum order value for Cash On Delivery payments is N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira) only.
7. ORDER INQUIRIES
- Generally, products are shipped within 2 to 3 working days within Lagos State Nigeria, shipping products outside Lagos State or other countries may take about 10 to 21 working days (i.e. Monday through Friday, excluding bank and other public holidays). For any shipping information, customers may contact us at +2349061465932 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that in the event of force majeure situations we reserve the right to delay the shipment until the same is viable.
- The term “force majeure means: (i) acts of God, including without limitation storms, floods, earthquake or lightning; or (ii) fire, war, hostilities, terrorist acts, riots, civil commotion or disturbances, epidemics, pandemics, declaration of containment zones, natural disasters/calamities, change in governmental laws, actions by a government, central or state or local government in Nigeria or governments overseas, or an agency thereof, sabotage or explosions; or (iii) strikes, lockouts or other industrial actions of any nature; or (iv) any other acts, occurrences, events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- Customers can check the status of their most recent orders by visiting the Order Status page in the My Account area. This is the easiest and fastest way to get the most current information regarding customers’ orders.
- When the customer clicks on the Order Status page, they will be prompted to log in with their email address and password. An order summary page will provide the customer with detailed information about their current and past orders. After an order is shipped, the relevant tracking number, if available, will be displayed. Customers can track the delivery status of the order with our courier by clicking on “Dispatched” under the Order Status header. Some carriers may not have tracking information available for up to 24 business hours after the order is shipped.
- On rare occasions, orders or parts of an order are canceled by the system for various reasons.
i. Item(s) not available, although we take all professional care to ensure that unavailable items are clearly identified as such on the Site;
ii. Impossibility in processing payment information;
iii. Cannot deliver to address provided;
iv. Duplicate order was placed; and
v. Failure to deliver beyond 2 attempts by the delivery partner
If an order is cancelled, the customer will receive an email to explain the reason for the cancellation. Customers will not be charged for any cancelled orders. If the customer is interested in placing a new order or if the customer has any questions about a cancelled order, they may contact us at +2349061465932 via email at email@example.com. In that case, the order will be cancelled, and in case of payment by credit card/ debit card holders, the money will be refunded to you after the cancellation request is duly processed by us and subject to the policies of the relevant third-party financial providers.
An order once cancelled cannot be renewed. The customer will have to place a fresh order for the said product(s).
- Orders are usually delivered on working days (Monday through Friday, excluding bank and other public holidays).
- We are unable to process orders to a Postal address.
- Shipping charges shall be borne by the customer and are indicated separately on the order form and in the delivery note. There are no shipping charges for purchases over the amount we may display on the Site.
- For International orders, customers may have to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for the shipping fees. Shipping fees might change depending on the weight of the products to be shipped.
- In accordance with Local Laws the products shall be delivered within 30 (thirty) days from the day following that of the order placement by the customer, unless we notify the customer, including by email, within the same term, of the ordered products being unavailable, including temporarily unavailable.
- Please note that in the event of force majeure, we reserve the right to delay the delivery until the same is viable.
9. RETURNS POLICY
- We are committed to offering our customers the best and cruelty-free cosmetics products at all times. If the customer feels the products they have received from us do not meet this expectation, subject to Local Laws, the customer may initiate the process of return of the product(s) (along with all gifts with purchase and samples, if any which were supplied along with the product(s) and are linked to the purchase of the concerned product(s)), within three (3) days of the date the products were received either by the customer or a third party (not being the carrier) to whom the products were shipped as per the terms of the order placed by the customer, subject to the products, gifts and samples, if any which were supplied along with the product(s) and are linked to the purchase of the concerned product(s)) being unused and in its original packaging along with original tags, barcode and invoice.
- Contracts covering the order of several products that are to be delivered separately, the return period is Seven (7) days from the date on which you or a third party you name and who is not the carrier has received the last item of such order.
- Return policy does not apply to products which have been personalized, except for defects in the products or incomplete or incorrect delivery. If a personalized product is delivered damaged or defective, customers should contact us at +2349061465932 or e-mail us at email@example.com within Seven (7) days of delivery.
- Notification of the customer’s intention to exercise the returns can be done by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the customer’s order details, order number and the description of the products which are being returned. To comply with the return period, it is sufficient to provide your declaration informing us that you wish to return the product prior to the expiration date of the return period.
- Upon returns, we undertake to reimburse the customer the full price of the products within thirty (30) bank working days of the date of receipt of the return, provided that the products (along with all gifts and samples, if any which were supplied along with the products are shipped back unused and undamaged along with original tags, barcode and invoice, as soon as possible and no later than Seven (7) days from the date of receipt of your return declaration, and that we receive proof of sending back prior to reimbursement. We may refuse reimbursement until we have received the re-sent goods or until you have provided proof that you have resent the goods in an unused and undamaged condition along with original tags, barcode and invoice, whichever occurs first. Refunds will only be made against the original credit card/debit card used with respect to card payments and/or to the relevant bank account with respect to Cash On Delivery payments.
- If you choose to send the product to be returned via courier, then it is strongly recommended that the parcel be sent by a recorded delivery service (one that requires a signature upon receipt).
- You may alternatively choose to return the products at the SIE stores.
- The above provisions are only applicable to purchases made online. Products purchased at a store will be subject to the return policy of each store. Returns or exchanges for purchases made in an SIE Cosmetics store may not be returned or exchanged via the Site.
- Please note, for certain marketing campaigns or sale periods, special return/exchange/refund rules may apply. Information regarding this is visible on the promotion banner. For any clarification, please feel free to contact our customer support service.
10. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
- These Terms and Conditions of Use shall be interpreted and governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Any disputes arising from the interpretation, validity and/or execution of these Terms of Sale shall be subject to Mediation at the mandatory jurisdiction of the Lagos Multi-door Court House, Lagos State, Nigeria by either party to the Sales Transaction.
- In case of a complaint about your online purchase, you may contact support service at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- These terms and conditions are subject to change and shall be modified and/or updated from time to time.
- We may terminate or suspend access to our service without prior notice or liability for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the terms.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, we do not warrant that said details, descriptions, and images of products are totally accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
- The information provided on the Site shall not in any manner whatsoever be interpreted or construed as a replacement or substitution for skincare, beauty, healthcare, medical or other forms of advice provided by your professional healthcare provider. Under no circumstances are we, our employees, representatives or affiliates being liable for the information or the consequences of your relying on such information.
For any information and support on products and methods of purchase through the website, the customer may contact us by email at email@example.com.
Effective 1st December 2022