The Website: www.thesiecosmetics.com is hereinafter referred to as (“the Site”).
Personal data about you may be collected through your use of the Site. This information may be collected when you provide it at stores or on the Site or any other retailer websites. When you visit this Site, information about your device or usage by automated means, including using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons is also collected.
1.1. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
You may provide personal data relating either to yourself or other individuals in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, when you make a purchase on the Site or other retail sites or stores or when you register yourself on the Site or create an account on the Site or when you purchase any products to send as gifts to other individuals. The types of personal data you provide may include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, mobile or other phone numbers)
- Age and date of birth
- Username and password.
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, and card security code)
- Purchase history
- Product preferences
- Your physical characteristics and your skincare concerns
- Contact information for friends, family or other people you would like to receive a message on your behalf (please ensure that you only submit contact information of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who have consented to receive messages)
- Information or content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, questions, survey responses and comments)
- Information provided through social media networks (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described on the social media network or application sign-up page, or your geo-location details)
The Site is not intended or designed to attract or be otherwise used by children under the age of 18 years. It is not intended to collect personal information from or about children under the age of 18 years. Children under the age of 18 years should not submit any personal information via the Site.
1.1. HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
Your information will be used to:
- Enable the functioning and services provided via the Site,
- Provide you with related benefits and services and engage in / carry out the activities that would enable and assist in providing you with the benefits and any services arising out of you accessing and using the Site,
- Operate, evaluate and improve business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving services; managing communications; analyzing products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions),
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, loyalty programs, surveys and other offers,
- Send you promotional materials or other communications if you so desire,
- Create and manage your online account, including access to your online purchase history
- Collect your payment card transactions and/or gift card transactions, through online payment gateways,
- Create a profile about you based on the information you provided in order to tailor advertisements to your interests, find appropriate skin or hair care routine and manage the effectiveness of marketing efforts,
- Post your product reviews,
- Tailor ads displayed to you on the Site and elsewhere to your interests and history,
- Operate and communicate with you about the brands’ social network pages,
- Place ads on third-party websites,
- Product listing, sales and fulfillment.
- Product returns and exchanges
- Customer support such as chatting with you or responding to your inquiries, grievances and complaints
- Process transactions performed by you on the Site,
- Administer or otherwise carry out obligations to you,
- Transfer information about you if acquired by or merged with another company or otherwise required to be transferred to another entity for the purposes of providing you with the services on the site,
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and Site policies, respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes, or establish or exercise legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of the site or as otherwise required by law.
Your information may be used in other ways for which specific notice may be provided at the time of collection. The information collected is necessary for the purposes highlighted above. Without this information, you may not be able to take advantage of some of the products or services via the Site.
All the personally identifiable information may also be removed from your information and the rest of the data/information enlisted above may be used for historical or statistical purposes.
1.2. LEGAL BASIS FOR USE OF THE INFORMATION
Your information will be used for the above purposes to the extent permitted under applicable laws.
- it is necessary to perform a contract to which you are a party (e.g., to process your payment and deliver the products you have ordered); or
- your consent has been obtained; or if
- there is a legitimate interest to do so (including a legitimate interest in performing marketing activities, research activities, data analytics, and internal administration functions, processing and enforcing legal claims, and conducting business in compliance with all applicable laws, relevant industry standards and policies).
1.3. INFORMATION COLLECTED BY AUTOMATED MEANS
When you visit this Site, view or click on the online advertisements (including advertisements on third-party websites), visit the brands’ social media pages, certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons is also collected. For example, your IP address, your unique device identifier (or other device identifiers) and/or geo-location data may be collected in order to offer you certain features or functionalities. As set forth in more detail below, information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies may also be collected.
1.4. TECHNOLOGIES USED
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected devices to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser.
The following types of cookies are set on this site.
1.5. INTERNAL COOKIES ESSENTIAL FOR THE SITE TO WORK
The Site uses first-party cookies to help the site work in the best possible manner. You can opt-out of receiving these cookies and disable them by adjusting your browser settings. Please note, however, that without these cookies, your user experience may be impacted.
In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, website web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to the site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
To control which web servers collect this information, tags may be placed on the web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
1.6. THIRD-PARTY WEB ANALYTICS COOKIES
1.7. THIRD-PARTY TARGETED ADVERTISING COOKIES
1.8. THIRD-PARTY COOKIES INTENDED TO IMPROVE THE INTERACTIVITY OF THE SITE
This site may also support certain third-party services, including social sharing buttons on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram, tweet lists (Twitter) and videos posted on the site (YouTube). These features use third-party cookies that are directly set on your device by these services. When you first visit the site, a cookie banner will inform you of the use of these cookies. They will only be used if you accept them or if you continue using this site.
1.9. HOW CAN YOU MANAGE YOUR COOKIES
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies used for certain purposes on the Site, except for strictly necessary cookies that are essential for the Site to work. You can refuse or opt out of receiving certain categories of cookies or change your preference settings at any time by clicking on the cookies consent tool. Please note, however, that without certain of these cookies, your user experience may be impacted.
Third-party platforms, including platforms operated by social networks, such as Google, Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok and Twitter, may also be used to show you interest-based ads. Your email address, telephone number or other information may be converted into a unique value which can be matched by those third parties with a user on their platform or with other data they may have collected from you. This matching allows interest-based ads to be delivered on those platforms. To opt-out of these ads, you must change your preferences by clicking on the cookie control tool below and unselecting the “targeting” setting. These platforms may have their own privacy notices or policies, which is strongly suggested you review.
Your personal data is not sold, rented or otherwise disclosed, except as described here. Information collected from you or via your use of the site, including your personal data may be processed (accessed, used, stored, and disclosed) by:
- SIE Cosmetics Ltd. (as brand licensor), its affiliates and group entities for the purpose of product development, marketing, profiling, and targeted advertising.
- The seller of the products of the Site and its affiliates for product sales and fulfilment, product returns and exchanges, and customer care such as chatting with you or responding to your inquiries, grievances and complaints.
- Service providers perform services based on instructions, where information is necessary to perform the services or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting and marketing services.
- Other third parties with your consent.
In addition, information about you may be disclosed (i) if required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have certain rights and choices in connection with the personal data collected from you. To update your preferences, ask to remove your information from mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.
You can at any time opt-out of marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive or by contacting the address as indicated below. You also may opt-out of receiving marketing emails by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Push notifications and in-app alerts and updates
With your consent when you visit the Site, you may be provided with the option to opt-in to receive push notifications on your device. These push notifications may include promotional communications regarding the products and services. You may opt-out of receiving push notifications by adjusting the settings on your device. Opting out of push notifications will not affect other communications you have opted to receive, such as email communications. You also may receive alerts and updates regarding products and services or your Site accounts.
You may also withdraw any consent you previously provided at any time with effect for the future by contacting the address indicated below. This will not affect the lawfulness of the use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
In the event you wish to know the names and addresses of the third parties to which your information has been disclosed, you may request such information by writing to the address as indicated below. Reasonable efforts will be made to revert to you within a reasonable period of time, with the information that you require.
Your information provided is kept for the duration of your relationships with the Site, plus a reasonable period in order to be able to run regular deletion routines or to take into account the applicable statute of limitation period or if required under applicable law. If you wish to receive marketing communications, the necessary information will be kept to send you these communications following the end of your customer relationship or following their collection, if you are a prospective customer.
HOW PERSONAL DATA IS PROTECTED
Appropriate technical and organizational safeguards are maintained to ensure an appropriate level of security of your personal data, in particular, to protect your personal data against accidental unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. Reasonable security practices and procedures are adopted for the purposes of securing personal information and complying with all applicable laws in this regard. You agree that such measures are secure and adequate. However, no security system is perfect, and it cannot be promised that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances, including the security of your data during transmission or the security of data on your device. There is always a risk that a third party, without authorization, might unlawfully access the systems or otherwise access personal information. The Site is also not responsible for the authenticity of any information which is provided by you or otherwise collected from your use of the Site, whether personal or otherwise.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from the Site. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which are strongly suggested to be reviewed by you if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by the Site, the Site is not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
By providing your information and using the Site, you hereby consent to the collection, use, storage, transfer, and disclosure of such information for the purposes as disclosed in this Policy and acknowledge that such activity(ies) shall not cause any loss to you if used for the purposes stated in this Policy. You are providing the information out of your free will and are aware that you have the option and obligation not to provide your consent.
Effective 1st December, 2022